Sunday, 29 March 2015

Good Friday

So, plans for this years blacking have been laid.  Good Friday signals our trip to Paul Barber and Wyvern Marine on the Erewash.

We will take our time. Watching the weather will inform progress as we have to negotiate the Trent and have previously been held up at Sawley.  The current forecast show changeable weather so we will probably go as far as we can if we suspect lock closure.  If not, then we will go slower and enjoy the journey even more than usual.  A week after drop off, we will head back up.

If you see us shout out.

Sunday, 8 March 2015

Usual weekend out

Left Kings Bromley Saturday am, heading for our wee mooring near The Swan at Fradley Junction.

Uneventful journey in lovely weather.  However, when we got to our mooring, just before the swing bridge onto the Coventry we noticed a couple of changes.  The location now has bollards and the 24 hour notice has been removed.  I suspect that the mooring spot will become a landing for those who will have to moor up prior to unlocking the soon to be locked swing bridge.  Ah well, it was good while it lasted.  Our options in future will be to wind at the junction and reverse onto the Coventry to find a mooring or reverse down the T and M and moor down there.  We will send a runner in future to check options as we lock down to Fradley. 

 Return journey was a bit wet but nonetheless pleasant.  We saw a couple of fellow bloggers.

This is NB Don't Panic moored before Kings Bromley

Passed No Problem near Shade House

At last, the refreshed Morso picture.  A new flue and front door.