Monday, 7 May 2012

Some additions to the Blog

Back from the boat, all well and an enjoyable couple of days.  Now looking forward to the Black Country Ring first week of June.

Decided to cut some more wood with my Stihl, a few problems as the chain is either blunt again or I still have a problem with the oiler.  Never mind, off to the service company for some tlc.  Chainsaws require respect, training and proper maintenance.

Weather was not so good today but any day aboard is good for me.  I did a few jobs that were needed as well as planning some others.  Measuring up for new blinds and some home made curtains.  I have also decided to add a few plug points to my 240 ring main, just in the Galley where strangely there are none!  This will then support my buying a Remosca.  These little beauties cook all sorts including chicken dinners!  With limited space they are superb.  Very good at curries to because they, seem to have the properties of a slow cooker but not the time to wait!

Took a look at painting options and will wait until we take her out for a bum clean.

The windows need those little seals around the openers - this is to ensure when closed no water gets in and there is a barrier from the wind. I think I need the closed cell neoprene seals, these are for sale at http://www.eagleboatwindows.co.uk/  so I will call them tomorrow for a sample and to discuss.  any other suggestions?

Next trip out will probably be next weekend for a night as I need to measure up for an external lock for the stern doors,  just so we can enter from either.  The problem is that the do not fit in such a way as to enable easy opening.  I guess I will need to do some grinding just to make they open flush without catching.  Could be a job for a skilled worker as I am good at some thing but not lock fitting (I can open them without keys though!).

Lola enjoyed the boat, as usual.  Our 6.30 am walk was a treat as we got the best of the day.

Added a translator bar for the web site and put the UK waterways counter back on.  just to see how many hits I get without using analytics etc. - lazy me eh!